This is hard and it's a lot harder than I thought but 3 weeks ago our family dog Rocco was hit by a car and he didn't make it. It sucks! Jason got him for me last year for my birthday and while Jason and I loved him very much Madison loved him more. He was her play mate, her four legged brother and her Best Friend! She is SO lost! I have talked to her and told her that he was sick so he went to live with Jesus in Heaven. She keeps asking when is Rocro (what she calls him) is coming home and when is his hair cut will be done. It is SO Sad! Today in the car she was watching Tigger and Pooh and the little dog (buster) was lost and they all were looking for him so she started calling Rocco (and she said it right) where are you?! Come here boy! Come see me! Talk about break your heart!! I just started crying!! I don't know what to do!? What can I do what can I say so she gets it? What do you tell a two year old?? Jason wants to get another dog and me well I do but I don't! I do because Madison is SO lost and I think it will help her. I really thought that after a few days maybe a week she would move on but, she still ask for him Everyday! Some more than others. We have two outside cats and she loves them she just misses Rocco So much! And then I DON'T because well house training! HA! No here we are trying for another baby and to have a (by the time we have a baby) three year old , a new born and a puppy!?! With the way Jason works I'll go Crazy! Ha! I don't know ... I guess I could also look at that If I DO get pregnant this month I will still have 40 weeks to get a puppy house broke and I may not so I may have longer! And then I think IF my next pregnancy is the same as it was with Madison then I am going to be sick and I do mean SICK!! For the first 14 weeks! I don't get just morning I have all day I want to DIE Sick! At least with Madison...who knows next time may not be that way! I do know that the friends we got Rocco from that there dog will be having puppies soon ..... oh what to do what to do??? I need help?! What can I say to Madison? Do we get a new dog? Do we get another Yorkie? Different dog? What kind?
2 comments:
That breaks my heart! I have a Yorkie and she is just like a baby to me. So sorry for your loss. I think that you should get another yorkie. It is easier to house break girls though. Our pup was trained to use doggy litter for the longest time. It took away the hassle of having to take a puppy outside all of the time.
I'm due in 6 weeks, and two weeks ago a six week old named Cocoa joined our family. The first night with her was rough, and rearranging my schedule to make sure she gets out to go the restroom (we are crate training), has play time, and all that has been a challenge but I look at it as practice for the baby soon to arrive. If you feel that getting a new dog would be good for Madison and you...then do it! many blessings to you!!
Post a Comment