Its Show us your life Day and today is Baby names! SO I thought it would be fun to join in! When Jason and I were first married we chose the name Huston Andrew for our boy name and Madison for our girl name. We both liked Huston and Andrew is Jason's middle name and his Dad's middle name. We both also Loved Madison but didn't have a middle name. Well the years go by and Huston goes away but Madison stayed. When we found out I was pregnant in Nov of 06 we were scared to even bring up names at first but after the fist few U/S and all was good we started the talk! We Knew if it was a girl she would be Madison and then I said what about Sula? Sula is my grandmothers name and we both just Love her so it was a GO! As far as a boy well it's a good thing Madison was a girl!!
Funny thing is is that after we found out Madison was a Madison I was looking at Pottery Barn baby bedding and there was a room with the name Mason on the wall I was in LOVE! And so was Jason so we knew right then if and where we had a boy he would be Mason Andrew! Well that was until we Were having another baby (well two!) and by then we knew of 3 or 4 other people in our small town who had new babies name Mason so that was out! Then we picked out Nathan and Lucas (because Jason just KNEW the twins would be boys) but couldn't agree on girl names because Jason wouldn't talk about them! I was also pushing for Parker as a boy name but he was more into Nathan and I loved (still do) Molly for a girl and Jason just flat said NO!
Anyway the day we found out what the twins were if there was a boy he would still be Nathan that was till he was a HE! When the teck said one Girl one Boy we just kinda looked at each other and I said Don't think Nathan or Lucas will work for her! We had choose to go to that u/s just our little family and had planed to have dinner with everyone that night to tell. I had called and had cookies made to hand out (2 dozen pink and 2 dozen blue) so we had to go and get them and on the way we were talking and Jason said what he really wanted was for the twins to have our middle names and that if I really liked Parker more than Nathan that he did too! So now our little girl had a middle name (Jane) but no first name and our little boy had a name Parker Andrew! When we stooped to get the cookies Jason went in and I was looking at girl names on an apt on my IPhone and came across Paisley and thought Parker and Paisley how cute! I thought there was NO Way Jason would go for it I mean come on he didn't like Molly!?!? So he gets back in the car and I said what about Paisley?? He said humm Paisley Jane and Parker Andrew I like it ! SO there you have it! We would have had all M's ( I kinda wanted to do that because my mom, brothers and I all have D names and I thought it would be fun for M and her brother and sister to have M names ) but Jason didn't like my girl M names and Mason has been used to much so P it is!
3 comments:
I love those names. I think Paisley is adorable. I like how your twins name "match" but aren't too close and confusing like some ppl do.
I love Paisley, it is our pick for a little girl. I also "discovered" the name on an iPhone app! I think Paisley and Parker is just too cute! Congrats!
You were almost Samantha Sue.
Post a Comment